The IRCM Histology core facility is providing services for histological studies of cells and tissues to internal and external users. It belongs to RHEM
(Experimental Histology Network of Montpellier).
This network, created on September 2008, is a gathering of specialized facilities of different research institutes in Montpellier dedicated to the histological analyses of experimental models. The different goals of RHEM are to :
- Share resources (equipment, expertise, reagents).
- Offer technical training and support.
- Provide histology services (embedding, sectioning, routine sectioning)
- Develop a quality management strategy adopted by all facilities.
- Valorization of biological resources produced in the network (tissuebank).
Within the RHEM network, the IRCM facility is mainly specialized in the treatment of paraffin embedded samples. Several services are proposed on a fee-for-service and on a first-come first served basis, as illustrated by this figure :